> 2016 > October
Dear Nevada Friends,
For the past 12 months I’ve been working to oppose the passage of Question 2 (legalizing recreational marijuana). For a day, I need to return to a little of my “Soup to Nuts” sarcasm.
Seriously, I hope you laugh. Seriously–I also hope, you Vote No on Question 2.
Best as always…Pat Hickey
Top Ten Signs that Nevada Has Gone to Pot
- When the most studying 18-29 year-old Nevadans do before applying to Tesla–is preparing to pass a urine test.
- When visitors to the Vegas Strip no longer pay to see Celine Dion perform at Caesars, but stand mesmerized for days at the Bellagio Fountains for free.
- When the Mt. Rose Highway has more billboards advertising “Pot Coupons for Snowboarders” than it does for ski & toboggan rentals.
- When Wolfgang Puck changes the name of Spago to Munchies.
- When the Strip’s newest property is “Hotel California.”
- When Tick Segerblom introduces a bill replacing “Home Means Nevada,” with “Boys Just Want to Have Fun.”
- When the Valley of Fire’s rock formations freak-out stoned tourists who report they’ve just seen Jurassic Park-like creatures.
- When porn panderers passing out smut cards on the Strip, are replaced by “pot delivery services” guaranteed to be legal–but of course are not.
- When “What Happens in Vegas Stays in Vegas,” is something R&R rethinks when everywhere on the Strip smells like “skunk.”
- And the #1 sign that Nevada has gone to pot…When the iconic “Welcome to Las Vegas” sign has been changed to a Dr. Reefer billboard.